If you don't like a challenge when managing schedules, then you probably won't like this job. Why? Because the successful applicant will be a project planner who enjoys a key position. They will make executive decisions to provide optimal support to the operation, the client and colleagues thus ensuring the successful completion of a large steel construction project in the Rotterdam region.
Ferris, part of the Syndus Group, currently has 115 employees and is headquartered in Terneuzen (Zeeuws-Vlaanderen). Ferris is a steel construction company specialising in the design, manufacture and assembly of steel structures for the industrial, (petro)chemical, energy, food and construction sectors. We also specialise in plant maintenance, modifications to existing structures (brownfield) and safety scans.
What are your responsibilities?
As a project planner at Ferris, you are responsible for drawing up a project schedule during the preparation and execution phase of a large steel construction project in the Rotterdam region. You are able to convert all work activities into a highly efficient project schedule. Your role is to monitor and report on progress. This means that you identify potential obstacles, delays and time saving opportunities. You work closely with the project team, the client and other stakeholders on the plan of approach, the obstacles and solutions to planning-related issues. In doing so, you are responsible for:
- Drafting and continuously adjusting (overall) project schedules in accordance with their underlying requirements. You monitor the process using scheduling apps, such as MS Project and Primavera;
- Drawing up and carrying out the project planning, translating from level 1 to level 4;
- Monitoring data and information. You ensure timely delivery of progress reports and any impact analyses. You identify possible planning risks, opportunities and bottlenecks and advise on possible planning solutions.
What does your workplace look like?
Your workplace will be at our client’s project location in Rotterdam. In this function, it will also be possible to work partly from home. Your normal work activities will require you to be in daily contact with the project team. You will work frequently with the project manager and project coordinators. As project planner, you will share your insights and present the project scheduling in various meetings and gatherings, both internally and externally.
Why is this for you?
You have the kind of mind that constantly thinks in terms of possibilities and solutions. Thanks in part to your analytical and conceptual skills, you quickly absorb new information. As a project planner, it is important that you are able to cooperate, organise and communicate well with colleagues and various stakeholders. You are by nature independent, accurate and critical, and give both solicited and unsolicited advice. Furthermore, we ask the following of you:
- A completed college education;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a technical project environment;
- Practical knowledge of and experience with Primavera;
- Experience with complex project planning;
- A good command of the Dutch and English languages both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent prioritisation skills. You supervise interim deadlines and assessments with regard to time and personnel planning.
What can we offer you?
- A versatile job with a lot of responsibility rewarded with an appropriate salary;
- A temporary employment contract of 2 to 2.5 years at Ferris.
- The opportunity to work partly from home;
- A part-time or full-time position for 32 to 40 hours per week.
If you are a freelancer with experience in project planning, we’d also like to meet you!
Are you going to be our new colleague?
Let us know and apply directly via the ‘I want to apply’ button. For more information, contact our colleague Peter van den Bruele (Technical Commercial Manager) on tel. +31 (0)115 644 675.
Corporate Recruiter+31 115 644 622 Bel mij terug