Do you have project-management experience in an industrial environment? Combine your passion for engineering, project management and leadership while working on large, varied steel construction projects! Curious? Then read on!
Your role as Project Manager at Ferris
As a project manager, you have a versatile and responsible role. You are responsible for the entire project organisation at Ferris, which consists of managing larger projects and supervising project leaders. You also frequently work together with the MT, which you are also part of, and with whom you jointly realise the organisation’s objectives. In this respect, you are an important link between optimising the organisation of a project and standardising project processes. The aim is to improve the quality of our projects, increase returns and minimise costs associated with error.
Your duties include:
- Taking the initiative to make projects successful in a safe, qualitative and profitable way;
- Coaching, facilitating and managing colleagues and external parties;
- Carrying out all communication relating to the various projects, both internally and externally. You serve as a good discussion partner and participate in various forms of consultation;
- Being responsible for planning and budget monitoring. You monitor physical and financial progress;
- Drafting and executing project-related documentation;
- Being a role model with regard to safety issues and encouraging team members to support a safety culture and behave accordingly.
What is your workplace like?
With the managers of the Sales, Engineering, Business Office and Operations Departments and the Director of Ferris, you make up the MT. Together, you determine and implement the strategy and you involve the employees in achieving the organisational objectives. You will report directly to the Director of Ferris.
Besides fulfilling a role in the MT, you manage the larger projects and supervise the project leaders. The small and dedicated team are good sparring partners for each other and enjoy helping each other to progress. Because the project team consists of different people for each project, you get to know the organisation well in a short time. You are a connecting link between the departments. You know what is going on and where, and make sure that everyone is aiming for the same result.
You will be working for Ferris, part of the Syndus Group. Ferris currently has 110 employees and is based in Terneuzen. The position involves regular visits to our customers’ sites in locations ranging from Rotterdam to the south-west of the Netherlands and areas of Antwerp and Ghent (Belgium). Ferris is a steel construction company specialising in the design, manufacture and assembly of steel structures for the industrial, (petro)chemical, energy, food and construction sectors. We also specialise in plant maintenance, modifications to existing structures (brownfield) and safety scans.
The reason this is the right position for you?
- You have a positive mindset and the ability to take the initiative;
- You have a minimum of a college degree, preferably in a technical field;
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in project management. Ideally, you also have experience in an industrial working environment;
- You have experience in contract management and in leading multinational teams in a service environment.
What does Syndus have to offer you?
- A good salary;
- A profit-sharing scheme in the event of positive operating results;
- A company car, smartphone and laptop;
- 27 days’ holiday and 13 work-reduction (ADV) days. Do the maths!
- A good pension scheme via PME, so you can also enjoy your retirement;
- A loyalty bonus, subject to the number of years of service;
- A non-contributory supplementary disability insurance;
- Development opportunities – the opportunities are there for the taking;
- And many extras, such as collective health insurance with CZ, discount on your fitness subscription at Bodyline and a sustainable employability budget.
The application procedure may include an assessment.
For those wishing to apply, please send a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions about this position, please contact our colleague Niels Heijens (Operational Manager) on 0031 (0) 115 644 678.