Do you enjoy being involved in various projects and are you a structural engineer who thinks about innovative and commercially interesting design solutions? As a construction designer at Ferris, you will be involved in the conceptual design and optimisation of challenging steel construction projects in an environment where energy transition is key. Are you also committed to this social issue and would you like to actively contribute to it? Then read on quickly!
A steel construction designer!
In this position, you will be at the very core of safe and sustainable (steel) constructions. On a daily basis, you will be calculating and designing steel structures. You will also have a lot of contact with clients, engineering firms and, of course, your colleagues. You will be working together on large and challenging projects. You will report to the engineering manager and will be largely responsible for quality and safety.
As a designer of steel structures, you know better than anyone how to convert clients’ wishes and ideas into a concrete design. You understand that you need to study and interpret an assignment properly in order to then give advice on its technical functionality and financial feasibility. In order to do this, you will talk to the client, but you will also know which colleagues to contact in order to come up with the best solutions. You will do everything you can to ensure that a (steel) structure is built as reliably as possible, but also in the most feasible way. In doing so, you will strike a balance between safety, cost-efficiency and feasibility.
What does your workplace look like?
As a construction designer, you will work for our operating company Ferris in Terneuzen. As a construction designer, you will work in a team of seven colleagues. To a large extent, you will work independently, but you will have frequent contact with your colleagues (project teams) and our customers as part of your daily work.
Syndus Group is a medium-sized organisation with around 450 employees. Ferris is part of the Syndus Group. We design, manufacture and assemble steel structures for the industrial, (petro)chemical, energy, food and construction sectors. We also specialise in plant maintenance, modifications to existing structures (brownfield) and safety scans.
What do you bring with you to be a successful candidate?
- You have a Bachelor’s degree related to the disciplines of draftsmanship/construction design, mechanical engineering, civil engineering or equivalent;
- You have two to five years’ work experience as a structural engineer and relevant project experience with steel structures;
- You have numerical insight and analytical skills;
- You think in terms of creative solutions;
- You have good communication skills and can work well together in a team.
What does Syndus have to offer?
- A good salary in accordance with the CAO Metalektro;
- 27 holidays and 13 adv days. Do the math!;
- A good pension scheme via PME, so that you can also enjoy your retirement;
- A loyalty bonus, depending on your years of service.
- A premium-free supplementary disability insurance;
- The opportunity to develop yourself further by attending training courses and additional education in your field of expertise;
- And many other attractive extras, such as collective health insurance with CZ, discount on your gym membership at Bodyline and a sustainable employability budget;
- Did we mention challenges? Because there are a lot of cool projects in the pipeline!
Are you going to be our new colleague?
Let us know! Apply directly via the ‘I want to apply’ button! For substantive questions about this position, please contact our colleague Jerry Kruisifikx (Manager Business Office Ferris) on 0031 (0)115 644 736.