As a Calculator at Ferris, you are responsible for the calculations of various steel construction projects. Do you have a passion for the calculation profession and are you looking for the next step in your career as a calculator? Then we would like to meet you!
What are your duties as a calculator?
As a calculator, you are responsible for preparing quotes and making the right calculations for our steel construction projects. You take into account the wishes of the potential client and the regulations applicable within the organisation. You are the central point of contact within the organisation when it comes to quotations and calculations. Together, we all have one goal: scoring cool and challenging assignments!
These are some of your responsibilities:
- you independently carry out calculations and prepare quotations. In doing so, you are responsible for the detailed interpretation of commercial requests and contracts;
- you are responsible for the details set out in the quotations and are able to substantiate and explain them to our potential client;
- you request prices from third parties and maintain contact with suppliers;
- where necessary, you visit potential clients on project sites where you assess the project on site;
- you analyse any risks associated with (potential) steel construction projects.
In your work, you have frequent contact with colleagues from various departments about the content of (potential) projects. You have periodic consultations with your colleagues in the calculation department and you play an advisory role during the execution of the projects, for instance with regard to changes in scope. When you receive an order for a new project, you take care of the complete handover to the project team, so that they can get off to a good start and proceed efficiently with the project.
What does your workplace look like?
As a calculator, you will work at our operating company Ferris in Terneuzen. You will work as part of a small team of calculators. When things get busy, we all pull together to reach our targets, but in between, there is always time for fun. You work with a high degree of independence, but while carrying out your daily work you also have frequent contact with your colleagues and our (potential) clients. Your work will be carried out from our head office in Terneuzen.
Ferris is part of the Syndus Group. We design, manufacture and assemble steel structures for the industrial, (petro)chemical, energy, food and construction sectors. We also specialise in plant maintenance, modifications to existing structures (brownfield) and safety scans. Our head office is located in Terneuzen.
Why is this something for you?
Because you get excited by challenging steel construction projects and have experience with calculation work. You can work well independently, but can also easily interact with your colleagues. Together with the team, you like the challenge of taking the calculation department to the next level. In addition:
- you have at least an MBO-4 degree in mechanical engineering or construction engineering, or have several years’ work experience in a similar position;
- you are good at interpreting construction drawings and working with 3D models;
- you have experience with various computer programmes such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Tekla and other calculation programmes;
- you have a good command of the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- you work accurately, you work well under pressure when it comes to meeting deadlines and you are excellent at setting priorities;
- you have good communication skills with regard to your frequent contact with various colleagues and with our (potential) clients.
What can we offer you?
- a good salary;
- 27 holidays and 13 adv days. Do the math!
- a good pension scheme via PME, so you can also enjoy your retirement;
- a loyalty bonus, dependant on the number of years of service;
- a premium-free supplementary disability insurance;
- the opportunity to develop yourself further by attending training courses and additional courses in your field of expertise;
- and many attractive extras. These include collective health insurance with CZ, discount on your fitness subscription at Bodyline and a sustainable employability budget.
Are you going to be our new colleague?
Let us know! Apply directly via the ‘I want to apply’ button. For substantive questions about this position, please contact our colleague Niels Heijens (director Ferris) on 0031 (0)115 644 678.
Corporate Recruiter+31 115 644 622 Bel mij terug